Vintage Phase 1
Aging in Place Concept
- The rate of aging population, the elderly in particular, grows very fast. According to the latest forecast of Statistics Canada, there will be at least 25% of the population is over the age of 65 when we reach 2050.
- Due to rapid economic and social development, urbanization, and the changes in population and family structure, more empty-nest elderly lives on their own. Various physical and psychological issues correspond to age have increased, resulted in a growing demand for health care resources. In view of the demand and to maintain sustainability of the health care system, the Government has promoted the ‘Aging in Place’ concept. It focuses on the reliance on community supportive services delivered to the home of the elderly, so as to mitigate the demand for long term care facilities.
- The purpose of the Aging in Place concept is to ensure that the elderly continue living in their homes with appropriate care and facilities, enabling their independence by providing services and social activities by the neighborhood communities.
Vintage Garden is a brand new senior community complex for over 60 years old and over. It consists of two senior residences, a Christian church (Toronto Immanuel Church), and a medical and services community centre.
The senior residence will be sold as life lease interest. The life lease interest includes among other things the right to exclusive occupation of a unit in the building for as long as the individual’s lifetime, plus the right to pass the life lease interest to the individual’s estate after death. The purchaser can transfer his or her life lease interest in open market and receive the entire sales proceeds less an administrative fee.
Vintage Garden is conveniently located at Victoria Park and McNicoll Avenues (northeast corner) with TTC at doorstep, and is walking distance to Chinese shopping centre and restaurants. Total site covers an area of 5.84 acres, with plenty of outdoor garden space.
All required approvals and zoning have been granted by the Municipal Government. The development plan for construction of Vintage I will start in spring 2012, anticipated completion date is summer 2014.
Building Facilities and Amenities
- 14 storey and underground parking
- Units area from 602 feet to 1308 feet, more than 20 floor plans are available
- Pice Range $213,000 – $360,500
- Price included HST; land transfer tax exempt*
- Price included a locker located on the same level of the unit
- Two-bedroom or up has priority to purchase parking
- Ground floor is amenities space; 3rd to 12th floors (ceiling height 8’ 8”) and 15th floor (ceiling height 9’ 4”) contains 14 dwelling units on each storey; penthouse 16th and 17th floors (ceiling height 9’ 4”) contains 13 dwelling units on each storey; big terraces are available in some units
- Ground floor amenities area offers residents a spacious 1,300 sq. ft. dining room with commercial kitchen, providing residents with healthy, flavourful Chinese cuisine. The area also includes medical clinic, multi-purpose recreation room, games room, exercise room, crafts room, karaoke room, and guest suite.
*Provided that the purchaser is acquiring the life lease interest as his or her principal residence or the principal residence of a spouse or parent.
- Entrance, bedroom, bathroom doors 3′ wide
- Walk-in shower with moulded seat, grab bars, and heat lamp
- Stainless steel appliance package of refrigerator, dishwasher, range, and Sakura U2 range hood
- White energy star, space efficient stacked washer and dryer
- Granite countertops and valance lighting under upper cabinets
- Ceramic backsplash in kitchen and bathrooms
- Under mount sink in bathrooms with granite countertop
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Sprinkler heads, smoke and heat sensors (cooking range will be disconnected once the smoke detector is activated)
- Vertical blinds for windows
Services available to Residents (some are paid services and activities)
- Medical clinic services (nurse or doctor attending one to two times per week)
- 24-hour emergency response, security, and reception services
- Basic domestic maintenance services (such as changing light bulb, not including parts)
- Friendly visit and courtesy call from staff/volunteers
- Information and referral services
- Resident care and property management service
- Home cleaning services coordination
- Personal care services coordination
- Main floor dining room serving nutritious Chinese cuisine and VIP room for private parties
- Regular shuttle transportation to nearby shopping mall and supermarket
- Organized social activities and recreational programs
Need more information or if you would like a tour, please contact me. Ask me about the special promotion about this project.