The Carlaw Condosis a 12-storey mid-rise Condominium building located on the north-east corner of Dundas and Carlaw in the heart of the Film District. The Carlaw Condos will offer over 300 lofts plus 21 townhomes, including studio, one, one plus den, two and two plus den bedroom lofts, ranging in size from 400 sq. ft. to over 1,000 sq. ft. Prices will start from the low $200,000’s.
Head-turning architecture will soon invigorate the corner of Carlaw and Dundas Streets in Toronto, when Streetcar Developments introduces The Carlaw Condominiums. Sophisticated modernism sets the tone for this intimate new 12-storey residence. Innovative architecture features crisp angles, curved columns, a rooftop terrace and powerful perpendicular projections – all framing 320 lofts. The condominium will be anchored by a central courtyard that is part of a 25,000 sq. ft. indoor/outdoor event space. A rare find in a residential building, this attractive venue will be available for a multitude of functions for the neighbourhood and the community beyond.
Rethinking. Urban Living. is evident at The Carlaw Condominiums from the ground up. The ground floor will encompass one of the city’s most vibrant indoor/outdoor venues. The combined space of the inside venue and outdoor courtyard measures nearly 25,000 sq. ft. – a rare feature in a residential building. The flexible interior venue space can accommodate large open-concept events or be divided for smaller, more intimate functions. The entire facility spills out onto the courtyard and street-friendly outdoor spaces along Carlaw and Dundas.
This stunning multi-purpose space will be available for use by area residents, businesses and groups, as well as those in the greater community, to promote culture, the arts and entertainment. Inside, bold columns, polished stone floors and theatre-style lighting combine to create a celebratory environment that is as comfortable and inviting as it is striking.
Programming for this special space may include everything from art shows, festivals and fashion shows to theatre and music performances, a hotspot during Nuit Blanche, or film festival events – a major draw in this area, which is home to many film studios. Locals will enjoy easy access to the classes that will be held here, such as photography, cooking and fitness. The possibilities are truly endless. As The Carlaw Condominiums mantra goes, “This is your stage.”
One of The Carlaw Condo ’s most charming elements is the inviting outdoor courtyard at the centre of the L-shaped condominium and townhomes. This landscaped, treed area is highlighted by a reflecting pool, benches and views that carry through the glass-walled lobby and fabulous inner event space on the ground floor. An alfresco extension of this multi-purpose space, the courtyard lends itself to everything from quiet mornings reading the newspaper and enjoying a coffee under a shade tree, to serving as a spot where events held inside can expand into the outdoors.
The inner event/courtyard area can serve as a forum for corporate and community events, as well as film festivals, which is appropriate in this exciting film-oriented neighbourhood. During the spring, summer and fall, the courtyard itself may be used for a farmers’ market, performance art and just about any fair-weather gathering.
On the 11th floor, The Carlaw Condominiums’ unique rooftop oasis includes a cabana-inspired indoor lounge where the gang can chill with munchies and watch the game on the big-screen TV. Sleek, modern lines and contrasting textures create the ultimate urban atmosphere. The outdoor sundeck is literally steps away, which is perfect for entertaining friends and family in a breathtaking setting. Discover lofty living at its finest at this indoor portion of the rooftop – the ultimate social hangout in the sky.
The Carlaw Condo ‘s unique rooftop terrace and lounge spans the south elevation of the 11th level. The outdoor sun deck features contemporary loungers, barbecues and dining tables. In this perfect relaxation/entertainment spot, residents will be able to drink in the sun’s rays, flip some burgers and dine alfresco with guests, all surrounded by panoramic city views. From here, it’s an easy stroll to the indoor cabana-style area. This unique amenity space in the sky is sure to be a favourite spot for hanging out with neighbours and friends.
- 9 ft. high exposed concrete ceilings, except in bathrooms and areas with bulkheads
- Exposed concrete columns, as per plan
- Energy efficient windows
- Engineered hardwood† floors throughout, except in bathrooms as per plan
- Square edge baseboards throughout
- Walls and trim painted with flat low VOC white latex paint
- Solid core wood veneer entry door with privacy viewer and contemporary hardware
- Frosted glass sliding doors to interior bedrooms, as per plan
- Hollow core interior doors and closet doors, as per plan
- Single or double sliding glass doors to balcony or terrace, as per plan
- White plastic coated wire shelving in all closets, as per plan
- Laundry closet with tiled floor and brand name, front-loading Energy Star™ stacked washer and dryer
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning with energy efficient digital thermostats
- Telephone outlet in living room, bedrooms and den, as per plan
- Cable outlet in living room, bedrooms as per plan
- Capped light box in living/dining room and den, as per plan
- Ceiling light fixture in foyer and walk-in closets, as per plan
- “All-off” electrical switch near entry door
- Balcony or terrace with one exterior light fixture, electrical outlet
- A natural gas bib per unit on terrace or balcony, as per plan
- Laminate wood veneer cabinets with high gloss accents† and metal hardware
- Under cabinet valance lighting
- Quartz or granite countertop†
- Single, stainless steel under-mount sink
- Chrome, single lever low-flow faucet
- Brand-name appliances, including: integrated refrigerator with bottom-mount freezer; stainless steel slide-in stove with ceran top, integrated hood fan; and dishwasher, as per plan
- Wood veneer cabinets† with metal hardware
- Quartz or granite countertop*
- Under-mount sink
- Chrome, single lever low-flow faucet
- Vanity-width mirror with integrated back lighting
- Porcelain tile† floors
- Soaker tub with acrylic apron and/or shower stall with glass wall and acrylic pan, as per plan
- Porcelain tile† full-height walls surrounding bath tub and/or shower stall, as per plan
- White one-piece toilet
- Pot light, as per plan
- 8 ft. high ceilings with exhaust fan vented to the outside
- 24 hrs/7 days a week security concierge
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors as required in each suite
The Carlaw sets the bar for sleek urban living in Leslieville . This 12- storey residence with approximately 320 suites and a limited collection of urban towns features a ground floor Lobby with 24/7 concierge services in a modern yet inviting setting. Also featured is a cutting-edge fitness facility, 2 guest suites and a rooftop terrace with a beautiful indoor lounge and an outdoor sundeck with contemporary loungers, barbeques and dining tables for entertaining friends and family in a breathtaking setting. It is situated at Carlaw and Dundas Streets, with convenient access to 24hr TTC, the DVP and Lakeshore & Gardiner highways.
Engineered hardwood flooring throughout the suite except in bathrooms*. 9 ft high exposed concrete ceilings** Luxurious bathrooms with porcelain tile floors* and full-height walls surrounding bath tub and/or shower stall* ,soaker tub with acrylic apron and/or shower stall with glass wall and acrylic pan*, wood veneer cabinets with metal hardware*, quartz or granite countertops* and chrome single lever low-flow faucet. Sophisticated kitchens with wood veneer cabinets with high gloss accents and metal hardware*, under cabinet valance lighting and quartz or granite countertops*.Brand-name appliances including integrated refrigerator with bottom-mount freezer, stainless steel slide-in stove with ceran top, integrated hood fan and dishwasher*. A brand name, front-loading Energy Star stacked washer and dryer completes the in-suite laundry closet.