River City Phase 2 Condos
Created by Saucier+Perrotte Architects as a dramatic contrast to the edgy, dark exteriors of Phases 1 and 3, the sleek white design of River City Phase 2 Condos will stand out as a luminescent jewel against the industrial feel of the buildings surrounding it.
This Project was supposed to be developed over a 15
years timeline. It will be developed in 5 years now…parks, bicycle paths,
roads, streetscape, transportation, restaurants, cafes, shopping and
more, and all within a very short distance to Yonge St. and Bay St. as
well as Lake Ontario.
Three glass mini-towers are connected on each floor with fully glazed passageways; units are constructed to look like boxes jutting in and out, and pivoting left and right. The use of translucent and white materials gives the structure an undeniable appeal that is airy, modern and completely sophisticated.
Minutes from the downtown core, River City2 Condos is at the centre of some of Toronto’s most eclectic historic districts. Corktown is one of Toronto’s oldest neighbourhoods, its name derived from its origins in the early 1800s as an ethnic Irish enclave. Two churches dominate the area: the Italianate St Paul’s Basilica, built in 1889 and the home of Toronto’s oldest Catholic congregation, and Little Trinity Church, built in 1843. Today Corktown is a thriving neighbourhood, with new boutiques and restaurants appearing amidst the area’s original cottages and row-houses.
Home to Toronto’s film and media industry, Leslieville is today a highly sought after urban neighbourhood. To the east of River City2 Condos across the Don River, Leslieville has numerous restaurants, boutiques, galleries and antique shops, all centred on historic Queen Street East.
To the west of River City Phase 2 Condos is the Distillery District, one of Toronto’s premier historic and entertainment districts, located in the former Gooderham and Worts Distillery. A collection of over 40 heritage buildings in a ten-block precinct, the Distillery is the largest collection of Victorian era industrial buildings in North America. Today it houses a unique collection of theatres, restaurants, stores and galleries.
Why all the hype? River City 2 is a huge re-development of East Toronto and investors have an opportunity to get in on the ground level. Many have compared the River City project to Liberty Village in that it is a multi-phase development approximately 1.5km from Yonge Street (Liberty Village on the West, River City on the East). There are however, a couple of key differences that are important for investors to consider:
a) Government Money: The government has over $1 billion dollars invested in the revitalization of the West Don Lands (the area surrounding River City 2). This project is overseen by WaterfronToronto and will completely change the East side of Toronto.
b) PAN AM Games: The Pan America Games will be held in Toronto in 2015, with the East Side playing host to the games. River City 2 will benefit from the development happening in time for the 2015 games.
c) Appreciation potential: Toronto East still overs excellent value compared to Toronto West. Investors will benefit from investing early into an area that will be completely transformed in the coming years.
d) Project Scope: River City is much more than just a condominium development. New parks will be built (including a brand new destination park similar to High Park), transit will improve and it will be the beginning of an entire new community in Toronto.
e) Price: The developers of River City (Urban Capital) purchased the materials to build both Phase 1 and Phase 2 together. The developers will be passing those savings onto the buyers and River City will be priced approximately $100-$150 CHEAPER than projects in the West side.
f) Deposit: Deposit structure will be 15% payable over the first nine months with nothing else due until occupancy. Compare this to 20% for most projects in Toronto.
River City 2 is one of our TOP PICKS for investors in 2011. Buying low and selling high is one of the golden rules of investing, and River City 2 is one of the best chances of doing just that.
We will be among the first in the City to receive floorplans and prices for River City 2. Please check the price list and features below and contact me ASAP to reserve your suite before anyone else.
- Saucier+Perrotte designed luminescent white “jewel” enclosed by the dark panel buildings that comprise River City Phases 1 and 3. Phase 2 is designed as three glass “minitowers” connected on each floor by glass bridges***
- Two-storey lobby located on the east “woonerf” (the lane-like road that encircles Phase 2 and connects to River Street), facing the prairie portion of Don River Park
- Two-storey indoor parking structure located behind the Phase 2 building, connected to the River Street building of Phase 1, with a landscaped courtyard and outdoor heated pool above (see Amenities)
- Two elevators located in the central “mini-tower”, with an interior corridor connecting through fully glazed passageways*** to the two other “mini-towers” flanking it
- High security features including Enterphones in all lobby vestibules, an electric fob-based access system at all entry points and to the amenity areas, and strategically located security cameras
- Twenty-four hour concierge, located in the lobby of the Phase 1 King Street building, and accessible by videophone from the Phase 2 lobby
- Energy-efficient year-round heating and cooling based on a four-pipe fan coil system
- Full Tarion Warranty Protection
- Saucier+Perrotte designed interior amenities for the exclusive use of Phase 2 residents and their guests, located on the third floor looking onto the exterior courtyard, including a large party room and lounge with a full kitchen and bar; a private screening room; a conference room, and a fully equipped gym and yoga room
- Guest suite located on the third floor, for the exclusive use of Phase 2 guests
- An approximately 15,000 square foot exterior landscaped courtyard made up of undulating landforms, designed by the Planning Partnership in concert with Saucier+Perrotte, featuring an illuminated outdoor heated pool on a floating deck, together with an outdoor dining area nestled in a grove of trembling aspens. The exterior amenities are shared with Phase 1
- Approximately 240 high-design lofts and penthouses with 9 ft high ceilings†
- Double storey family-friendly “loft-houses”, located along the east woonerf facing Don River Park, all with mud rooms and some with direct access to a designated parking space via a second private entrance*
- Loft-style designs, with exposed concrete ceilings and columns*, and signature matte black rolling doors*
- Floor-to-ceiling windows, some with a light transparent frit to maintain the white luminescent appearance of the building from the outside
- Environmentally sustainable engineered hardwood floors, in a selection of species**, in all living areas and bedrooms
- Optional built-in desks with above-desk internet and electrical outlets*
- Balconies and terraces*, accessed by way of “lift and slide” patio doors
- Custom designed suite entry doors with security viewers
- Brushed aluminum contemporary hardware
- Open concept Saucier+Perrotte designed kitchens with stone countertops**, and kitchen island where shown*
- Industrial-style single under-mount stainless steel sinks, with singlelever chrome faucets
- Backpainted glass backsplash** with custom valence lighting
- Five brand-name Energy Star® stainless-steel appliances consisting of a frost free refrigerator, self-cleaning slide-in stove, 18” or 24” dishwasher and over-the-range microwave
- All-in-one condensing washer-dryer
- S+P design vanities with vessel sinks, stone countertops** and contemporary single-lever faucets
- Custom design back-lit medicine cabinet with sliding mirror
- Contemporary bathroom fixtures throughout
- Square designed tubs and/or custom showers with spa-inspired wood slat detailing*, with full height tile surrounds**
- Frameless glass shower enclosures for separate showers*
- Ceramic tile flooring**
- Temperature controlled valves in all showers
ELECTRICAL + COMMUNICATIONS
- Service panel with breakers at suite entry
- Pre-wired telephone and cable outlets in living areas and bedrooms, with high-speed internet access
- Switch controlled receptacles in living areas and bedrooms, light fixture(s) in foyer, track lighting in kitchen and rough-in for overhead fixture in dining room
- Smoke and heat detectors, as per code
1% CASH BACK
(As an adjustment on closing)
PARKING FOR $30,000
(Available for suites priced over $349,900. Price to increase to $35,000)
EXTENDED DEPOSIT STRUCTURE
(See Information Sheet)
OPTION TO ASSIGN FOR $1,000
(Subject to terms and conditions. See Amendment at time of Agreement)
CAPPING OF ADJUSTMENTS AT $2,500
(See Amendment at time of Agreement)
(As per plan)
(As per plan)
River City Phase 2 Price List
TENTATIVE OCCUPANCY DATE
FACTS AND FIGURES
PARKING, LOCKERS AND BICYCLES
Special capped rate program through Bank of Montreal
Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. E.&O.E. September 22, 2011